- Sleeps 8
- 3 bathrooms
- Wi-fi included
See availability + bookings for pricing and letting periods.
Find out more
Recently renovated with new fixtures, fittings and furniture and hardwood flooring throughout, the Boathouse has unforgettable views of the river and marina.
Tucked away at the end of a lane off the historic High Street just round the corner from the harbour and the castle, The Boathouse offers you quiet and privacy but at the same time is a short walk away from Kirkcudbright's shops, galleries, cafes, pubs and many other amenities.
Living and dining
There is an open plan fully equipped kitchen / dining area / living room with French doors leading onto the jetty – the perfect place to sit and read or watch the yachts arriving at the marina.
Dining table with seating for 8. Three comfortable sofas to seat 8.
Main sittingroom with TV/DVD and stereo system. Second sitting room with TV/DVD.
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- First double bedroom with views across the river and bathroom with shower opposite
- Second double bedroom, again with views across the river and another bathroom with showerbath opposite
- Flexible twin / double bedroom with porthole window looking out onto the river
- Studio second sitting room (pictured, bottom right) with bed settee, ensuite shower room and its own entrance down steps to patio
For a group of 6, the studio can be used as an extra living space.
For a group of 8, the studio can be used as a bedroom with its own bathroom and entrance allowing a degree of privacy if required.
- Central heating and hot water provided by air sourced heat pump
- Small separate utility room with washer drier
- Bed linen and towels provided
- Electric oven and 4 ring hob
- Stereo system, TV with DVD player in main living room
- TV in studio
- Wheelchair access to main door
At the front of the house there is a private walled patio enclosed by a stone wall, with outdoor furniture and barbecue.
At the rear of the house, by the river, is the pier with balustrade and additional outdoor furniture.
Guests with children, please be aware that the property is on the river front and appropriate precautions must be taken accordingly.
Location and parking
Parking is available on the High Street (undesignated).
For a map of the property location, see the location + attractions page.
For information on mooring your boat or canoe, please contact us at email@example.com.
One well behaved pet is welcome for an additional charge of £20 but must be kept off furniture and out of bedrooms.
Prices and availability
For availability, letting periods and pricing, please see the bookings + availability page.